strategy+business: TECH AND INNOVATION Latest trends and ideas in business innovation, technology, and creativity, R& D, breakthrough thinking and solutions, collaboration, and commercialization. Includes the Global Innovation 1000 Study, articles about technology, the web, internet marketing & ecommerce, mobile, cloud computing, information systems, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, disruption, and IT.
- A brief history of tech skepticismby by James Clive-Matthews on May 5, 2023 at 5:00 am
It’s hard to make predictions–especially about futuristic technologies. James Clive-Matthews documents the long history of skeptical takes on new innovations that, in short order, became powerful and common products and platforms.
- How business leaders should think about the metaverse in 2023by by Roberto Hernandez on May 2, 2023 at 5:00 am
In this interview, author and advocate Matthew Ball explains why the metaverse, after two years of hype, should still be on the corporate agenda.
- Ecosystems for the rest of usby by Michael G. Jacobides on March 29, 2023 at 5:00 am
Digitally enabled ecosystems are a key part of increasing a company’s customer value proposition, but it’s important to choose where and how to play. London Business School’s Michael G. Jacobides explains how to find a role that makes sense for your business.
- Risk: See it, share it, sort iton March 6, 2023 at 6:00 am
Operating in the current risk landscape is a lot like playing whack-a-mole. But by viewing the most pressing threats through a new lens and collaborating across silos, companies can change the game. Insights in our latest strategy+business digital issue.
- Overcoming a cyber “gut punch”: An interview with Jamil Farshchiby by Kevin Simmonds, Cristina Ampil, and Tom Fleming on February 13, 2023 at 6:00 am
How do you survive–and thrive–after a crisis? The chief information security officer of Equifax offers hard-won advice for leading under pressure, building a strong risk culture, and making security strategic.
- Companies that change the game can change the worldby by Sundar Subramanian, Anand Rao, and Harshavardan Kasturirangan on January 26, 2023 at 6:00 am
How can companies tackle big societal problems while creating value? Three PwC authors show how a select group of companies–dubbed game changers–can harness powerful technologies and marry them to a disruptive business model. They demonstrate how companies in the healthcare sector are already using exponential technologies such as AI and big data, which scale rapidly, to attack the thorniest healthcare challenges.
- Mushrooms and other fashion must-havesby by Ray Colitt on January 9, 2023 at 6:00 am
Labs, rather than fields, will be the new source of materials for sustainable fashion. Big name brands are collaborating with startups to use everything from bacteria and fungi to seaweed to produce the fabrics of the future for an industry that could be worth US$2.2 billion by 2026.
- The power of incremental momentumby by Brad Borkan on December 15, 2022 at 6:00 am
A step-by-step approach that builds momentum incrementally is a good strategy for companies trying to implement firmwide transformation. Brad Borkan uses examples from the past (the US National Wildlife Refuge System) and the present (software giant SAP’s move to the cloud) to prove his point.
- Value-creating chief data officers: Cementing a seat at the top tableby by Rebecca Chandler, Marcus Hartmann, Tatiana Kulminskaya, Matthias Schlemmer, and Andy Wisnia on December 7, 2022 at 6:00 am
In PwC’s second Chief Data Officer Study, we found more chief data officers appointed by the world’s leading companies–and evidence they’re having a positive impact on performance.
- How to fill the looming skills gapon December 1, 2022 at 6:00 am
Nadi Albino, from the public-private-youth partnership Generation Unlimited, and Chaitali Mukherjee, the people and organization lead partner with PwC India, talk about why upskilling youth is so important for the world and why businesses should play a part.
No responses yet